0

Happy Birthday Mr. President

Posted by -edz- on 3:28 PM in , , , ,
Today is the birthday of one of my most treasured friends in the Philippines.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
Why one of my most treasured? Because. For so many reasons. He was one of my closest friends in UST when I was still there. He was one of my textmates wherein we could stay up till 4 in the morning just texting. I could share just about everything to him and since the beginning of our friendship he has never left my side.

I can still remember two years ago. During that class in the Botanical Garden Laboratory, we had the election of our class officers. I nominated him to be the class president. He won. And he nominated me to be the assistant treasurer. And I too won. Funny. Since then people started calling him Mr. President.

I could never forget his birthday. Other than because he is my friend, exactly two years ago it was then a holiday. President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo made her State of the Nation Address on that day. And I made the joke that since it is his birthday and he is the class president he, himself, should make a S.O.C.A. (what a term right?) - a State of the Class Address. That day he told me flattering things about myself when I should be the one doing so since he was the celebrant. Thank you.

As months went on our friendship has deepen and I could notice people using me as a channel to get through to him. I guess we were that close then. Or maybe he was just afraid of me that was why he would do whatever I say.?? *laugh* (Can you picture an almost 6 feet guy afraid of a petite girl.?)

Though I haven't seen him for more than a year now, he will always be one of my special friends. He has done things to me other guys have never done before and might never do. He made me feel special. And the rest is history.??

To you Mr. President. I wanna thank you for the friendship. Though things have changed since that day where I answered your question, I know deep inside your heart you're still that friend I met more than two years ago. That friend who was always there to make me smile. And who did not need to see me to know how I was feeling. You always knew when I was in my down moments. I wonder how you did that? I hope I could be like that to you now. I hope I can be there to make you smile when you're down. Sorry when I was once the source of your sadness. But thank you for accepting it. Thank you for accepting me. Always remember that I will always be your friend; Mr. President, Kuya. And today on your birthday, I'll be the one to sing you the birthday song.

"Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy birthday happy birthday. Happy birthday to you!!!"

I may have not composed a song for you like you did for me. But remember, when I sing, I sing from the heart. Happy Birthday, Lex.


-you may know him. if you read one of the postings in my very first blog.-

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 There are lessons in randomness. It's our journey! All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.