3

100 Days Old 2008 and Centenarians

Posted by -edz- on 11:21 PM in , , , ,
31 + 29 + 31 + 9 = ?

When New Year of 2008 was only a few minutes away, I could not believe how time flies by so fast. Then it was already the first day of 2008. Then after some time, I realized January was already over. Then February came. Then March. Then last week, the month of April started. We’re already in our 4th month of the year. Wow! Time is definitely in a hurry.

But do any of you count the days? I guess not. We, humans, tend to get very preoccupied with worldly matters that we “no longer have time” for such childish activity. “We’re too busy to count the days,” right?

Anyways, I hope some of you have noticed that today is the 100th day of 2008. So Happy 100th Day! Yes, it has already been 100 days since the year started. That was the purpose of the equation above.

So, what have you done so far?
What did you accomplish in those 100 days?
How is the progress of your New Year’s Resolutions?

Anyways, below are a couple of links about people who reached their 100 years of age. Yes, 100 years and not days. And check out what they did in those 100 years, how they are living their lives, and what they are planning to do in the near future.

100-Year-Old Celebrate Her Birthday By Smoking 170,000th Cigarette
Margaret Pearson is Still Cruisin' at 100
100-Year-Old Told "Take Day Off"
100-Year-Old Decides It's Time To Retire
100-Year-Old Becomes U.S. Citizen
100-Year-Old Receives College Degree
Discount For 100-Year-Old Driver
100-Year-Old Iowa Man Loves Hooters, Hates George W. Bush

I hope you read these articles. The stories of these centenarians (a person who has reached the age of 100 or more) make me wonder if I could live to be a century old. I wish I could though, since there is so much more I want to do in this lifetime.

3 Comments


hi eds! I have a tag for you. http://vincentbautista.blogspot.com/2008/04/got-this-tag-from-dru.html
^_^


Not only we should reflect on every 100th day of the year, but on every day that we're able to..So long as we breathe, let's continue to introspect and improve.

Yeah, if you find my blog entries at Everything Kimchi worthy of a technorati fav, or a blogcatalog linkex, please don't hesitate to do so. I shall return the e-love. Cheers!


i totally agree with you elliot. we should reflect everyday.
we should know how blessed each of us are.. =)

Copyright © 2009 There are lessons in randomness. It's our journey! All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.